Thursday, 15 October 2009

Vietnam House, Canberra

After failing to book a table for a new restaurant I wanted to try since they were all booked out, plan B was hatched and it's off to the closest Vietnamese place. In fact, I think this is the only Vietnamese restaurant in the Woden Plaza area.

It's Thursday night and not too busy, granted we are having a early dinner straight after work before 6pm, so that's more than likely the reason why it wasn't full.

I love their menu design which opens into a fan:



Arrays of drinks displayed in the fridge

Spring rolls - these were surprisingly bland - from the actual spring roll to the dipping sauce, I have no idea why since spring rolls are usually fail safe anywhere

Pork balls - these were deliciously smoky in flavour

Cute bowls for the single servings of rice

Tomato rice

Scallops in light satay sauce


Pork chops in salt and pepper - some pieces were a tad overcooked and resembled jerky


I've been here before and the dishes have been good, so I guess it can be a bit hit and miss depending on what dishes are ordered.


Vietnam House
Westfield Woden Plaza
Corinna St
Phillip ACT 2606


No comments :