Monday, 2 November 2009

Silo Bakery - Kingston, Canberra

The most well know bakery in Canberra, you better get in early if you want to get the goods during the weekend at Silo Bakery.

I had no such luck, choosing to cherish a rare sleep in, so I was faced with an empty counter with many things sold out.

I did manage to grab the following goodies:

Pear danish pastry - crispy and flaky goodness, also got the rhubarb counterpart which was very good as well, very generous tart rubharb pieces - I didn't get around to trying the pear one

Passionfruit and mascarpone tart

Evil cough inducing icing sugar atop a creamy passionfruit mascarpone concoction - there was a very heavy taste of egg in this

Yoghurt and raspberry tart

The tarts were beautiful as well, with buttery soft pastry encasing the fillings - I really wanted banana and caramel, but they had sold out by the time I was there. So the main word of advice is get in early for this popular Canberra joint!

Silo Bakery
36 Giles St
Kingston ACT 2604

Phone: (02) 6260 6060

Opening Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 7am- 4pm



Silo Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments :