Wednesday, 9 December 2009

To markets we go! Hall Markets, Canberra


Held on the first Sunday of every month (except January) the Hall markets is apparently the largest handmade/home produced/home grown market in Australia.

Being December, and the mad rush for Christmas presents, we were faced with quite a traffic jam getting into the markets. For a gold coin donation, parking is in a make shift "carpark" which is basically just a paddock. Tip: It's quite dusty, so don't make the mistake I did, and wear open toed shoes! Unless you want dirty brown feet, and dusty shoes.

Arriving at the Hall markets - Greeted by an array of vintage cars

Various fruit and vegetables

Batlow apples stall

Bright and cheery paintings

Various knick knacks - including a lucky dip, which I saw a few of at the markets!

Cute dog in a bag! I didn't actually notice the dog until I uploaded this photo actually! I was trying to take a picture of the stall

Scented beaded flowers ( a very niche market!)

Fairy teddies

One of the many jewelry stalls which I LOVED as there were many cheap bargains and gorgeous pieces to be had!

Cherries from where else? Young

Lush cherries - these were so good!

Handmade toys

My one true love - Dutch pancakes

Waiting eagerly for my order

Dutch pancakes with strawberries, icecream, and maple syrup and a sprinkle of icing sugar. Perfection!

Lollies galore

Sugar overload

More handmade critters

Very dusty ground- wear closed shoes people!


Cute keys - cut straight away, I ended up getting a Hello Kitty key (not pictured)

One of the many musicians at the markets


Breads, pastries, biscuits and more!

Kellie's Cakes display

Brownies and various other treats for sale

Lamingtons, and they also sell homemade icecream- yum!

Lavender products

And my mini cupcakes from Kellie's Cakes - they didn't make the journey home in a paper bag very well hence the squashedness (yes, that's now a word) still tasty though

And my earrings purchase... Love the markets!!

Hall Showground
Canberra ACT 2611