Saturday, 23 January 2010

Beating the heatwave with Passionflower - Capitol Square, Sydney

I love icecream all year long, even when it's freezing cold in winter! However, nothing beats cooling off with a nice cold icecream. I tend to gravitate toward the fruity flavours during summer.


Passionflower's new 'ice party' menu


They have new fruity concoctions, all with shaved ice


I wasn't sure what to pick as they all looked pretty good, and they also had some new flavours as well - I spotted pandan, burnt creme caramel and a papaya & lime sorbet, which all sounded great!


My non-adventurous dining companion's Hokey Pokey in a waffle basket


From the ice party menu - lime sorbet + shaved ice + bitter lime jelly + kiwi fruit and peach

The lime sorbet was nice and tangy, perfect for cooling down. I liked the fruit and jelly down the bottom but the ice was a bit of a miss for me. It came with a shot of lime syrup, but I thought it was way too much ice and I gave up a quarter of the way through it.

Passionflower
Shop G12 Capitol Square
730-742 George Street
Haymarket NSW

5 comments :

Ladybird said...

Yes it certainly was a very hot day in Sydney today... definitely ice cream / sorbet weather.

Have never been to Passionflower - will have to check it out now :)

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

As long as it's cooling then it's still great!

C'est moi, Cecilia ♥ said...

thanks love :)
omg i am the exact same! i feel so much better when my size and color i got is not there, i'm like phew- but it's the worst when the EXACT size and color is sitting there for about $100 less than what you payed. *cries*

xo!

(always)alanna said...

that last photo looks absolutely deliciousssss- i die.
xx
and gorgeouss blogg; will definitely be back again SOON!

panda said...

thanks for the heads up about the new menu, I actually haven't been hear in awhile. mmm...pandan flavoured ice cream and burnt caramel!!