Sunday, 17 January 2010

The Welcome to Sydney lunch - Quay, The Overseas Passenger Terminal, Sydney

Any excuse for a special occasion lunch is a good one, and what better excuse than celebrating moving to Sydney and the new job. Since Quay only does lunch on Monday - Friday, this was one of the few opportunities I'd have since I'll be working so far from the City!


Enjoying the lovely view on the walk to Quay, pity it was raining!


Checking out the lunch menu (3 courses please! Like there is any other choice)


My cocktail - A Quay Butterfly, which got me quite tipsy as I drank this on an empty stomach (fine... I'm a cheap drunk!)


White sourdough slathered with the orgasmic butter. I was tempted to just spoon the butter in my mouth sans bread, but I restrained myself. Hahah So classy!


Forgot what this was exactly (I was slightly drunk off my cocktail)


Sea pearls - I don't need to rave about these as you all probably know that they are fantastic!


I was a bit hesitant about the smoked eel as I'm not really a fan, but it was delicious!


Mud crab congee - I had a spoon of this and it was very flavoursome


Herb crusted South Australian Mulloway with asparagus, garden peas and spring onions (cooked to perfection! this was my dish and I loved it)

Roasted 300 day grain fed pure Angus beef fillet with baby spinach and fresh Tasmanian wasabi butter

Tried a piece of this too, and the meat was so tender, I hardly had to chew!

Now onto the most anticipated part of the meal - DESSERT!



White peach snow egg - the granita was so refreshing and the snow egg is such a cute idea!


8 texture chocolate cake


Putting on texture number 8 *drool*

There's a hole in my cake


Petit fours


Enjoying the million dollar view

6 comments :

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

I've yet to read a single bad experience of this place and I feel terrible that I am a local Sydneysider that hasn't been! Must rectify that in 2010 =p

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Yummy....have no idea what sea pearls are!!!!!!!

Esta said...

ahahaha I'm often tempted to spoon butter straight into my mouth too - i love it so much which is why I never keep it at home - it wouldn't last!

Porcelain Blonde said...

Oh my goodness...everything looks so delicious, especially the herb crusted fish and desserts.

Next time I'm in syd, I hope I remember to go here!

<3 xxx

missklicious said...

md: *shock horror* You should definitely put it on your 2010 list! hehe

Kitchen Butterfly: The sea pearls are beautifully constructed with various seafood - can't remember the exact descriptions but it's on the website!

Esta - Butter sure makes everything taste good!

pb: It's a must try for any Sydney visitors!

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

The chocolate cake is to die for. It's one of the best desserts I have EVER had. Period. I want it now!