Monday, 22 February 2010

Emilio's Ocean Grill - Manuka, Canberra

It was a gorgeously sunny day on Saturday and I couldn't believe how blue the sky was. It was beautiful!

I woke up bright and early to catch the coach down to Canberra, along with a whole bunch of earlybirds making their way to Canberra for the Masterpieces of Paris exhibition.

Scenery on the way to Canberra

I didn't have breakfast, so was quite hungry by the time I got there! Manuka was our destination, and on our way to our intended eating place, we spied this new restaurant on the main strip and decided to try it instead.


I'm not sure when this restaurant opened, but everything seemed quite new. I liked the quirky fish decorations and painting.

The lunch menu

Lemon lime & bitters




The restaurant wasn't quite full even on a Saturday lunch, but I think it's due to the fact that it's new. I saw a lot of people walk past and check out the menu, which indicates so. 


Prawn Cocktail

Yummy salad with big juicy prawns, avocado, smoked salmon and salad


Seafood basket - deep fried goodness with scallops, fish, prawns and squid with loads of chips! Check out the cute fish dish for the tartare sauce! I only wish there was more sauce...


Seafood display out the front


Lobster mornay is on my hit list for next time! I saw the table next to us order one, and it looked great!

Emilio's Ocean Grill
36 Franklin St
Manuka 2603 ACT
Phone: (02) 6295 1036

7 comments :

sophia said...

That seafood basket looks sooooo good!! All the pics are amazing.. I don't think we have lobsters like that here in the states!

Sarah Vino said...

Looks like good wholesome food! YUM!!!

Sarah Vino said...

oh and nice blog chicka!

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

I am such a seafood monster and this looks fantastic! Although perhaps I'm greedy but I think I'd like a few more prawns :P

katthroatworld said...

*drools*

dressed to please said...

nice blog! :D I LIKE IT

I follow you, i hope you follow me toooo????

i`m happy if you follow me toooo with bloglovin ;)

kisssss from germany ;*)

missklicious said...

sophia - you should come for a visit to Australia then, for some yummy lobster! hehe

Sarah Vino - Thanks hun! Checked out your blog too - looks good!

Lorraine - 2 just doesn't seem to cut it, does it? I secretly wished for more too. They were great though!

kat- my thoughts exactly!

dressed to please - Thanks! Will check out your blog shortly =)