Sunday, 28 February 2010

Ozeki Sushi - Chatswood, Sydney

On a weekend shopping trip to Chatswood, I came across this new sushi train situated just outside Chatswood Chase.  Despite my undying loyalty to Makoto, it's always good to try new things, especially when it involves a special of $3 a plate!


They have a list to write down your name and take a number, but it wasn't quite full anyway when we went on a Saturday afternoon

The cute menu - non-sushi items weren't that plentiful, but then again, most people go to a sushi train for the sushi!

Salmon Nigiri - servings are generous with sizeable pieces of fresh salmon

Tempura - this would have been nicer if it hadn't been sitting there for a while, it was slightly cold and soft. I did enjoy the sauce though.

Green tea soba - this was really refreshing since it was such a hot day.

Kingfish Aburi - this was great, very tasty and generous serves too!

These scallops were massive, and they generally have their aburi dishes made to order, as I didn't spot many on the sushi train

Takoyaki


Overall it was a good experience, and to try something different other than eating at Makoto all the time.  They had a few different dishes, and it worked out to be quite cheap with the $3 dishes.  For 2 people, it only came to $37!  And I stuffed myself so much that I ended up passing on dinner.

Ozeki Sushi
345 Victoria Ave

Chatswood NSW 2067
Ph:(02) 9410 2777

6 comments :

Charlie said...

looks so yummy! and I´m so hungry. *making breakfast*

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I like the addition of the green tea soba on the menu! I agree it's so refreshing on a hot day! :)

Monica said...

Hey,

I went to this place to eat lunch the other day too! haha. The place was alright, but nothing spectacular... my undying love for Makoto remains!

Have you ever been to any of the Japanese restaurant in Neutral Bay? There are quite a few hidden goodies there.

panda said...

i've read and heard about this place so many times now, i'm determined to make my way there before the next week is out! looks good!

C'est moi, Cecilia ♥ said...

thanks dear,
i hope i get a transfer! it makes me sick to think of the commute :(
btw i am LOVING your what's in my bag post below. love your wallet.
and i had the same lipgloss but i lost it! i think i lost a total of 4-5 lipglosses last year. i was devo!

xoxo

missklicious said...

Charlie - Hehe, food posts always manage to make me hungry too! Love your blog by the way =)

NQN - It's such a great alternative to hot noodles.

Monica - I still love Makoto too, but it's good to try new places too! (plus sometimes the lines at Makoto are offputting)

Neutral Bay is a haven for Japanese food, isn't it? I've tried one or two, but I've definitely got heaps on my 'to eat' list there!

panda - Take advantage of the $3 plates while you can! hehe