Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Random tidbits and dilemma

Just a few random thoughts that don't really fit in anywhere, but I feel the need to talk about nonetheless.

*Am really saddened by the Vogue unemployed thread. It's really not fair is it? You are either too inexperienced or over qualified for a role. It's depressing job hunting and getting nowhere (I know this feeling all too well!) There's always light at the end of the tunnel though, so please don't give up! (I also know this is easier said than done)

*I received a call for a job I applied for back in Aug/Sept last year. I received an email in Oct saying they had received an overwhelming number of applications and that it would take several weeks to shortlist. Come December, they put the position on hold due to budget restraints.

They call me today (voicemail) and ask me to come to an interview, they would pay for my acommodation if I was still located in Canberra etc

In theory it sounds like a better job - easier to get to by P/T and higher salary, I'm curious to know if I'd get it, BUT the fact that it took them 5-6 months to get back to me really irks me and plus I just started my job here, and my moral compass is saying no (plus I'd have to somehow take a day off to attend said interview)

Such a dilemma! I know I should attend just to curb the 'what if', but I'm still confused as to whether I should, because just say I somehow got the job, I'd be even more confused on what to do? I like my job now, so it's only location and salary that's pulling me. Are they actually sufficient reasons though? What if the job is crap? I think I just need to sleep on this decision and decide tomorrow.

Onto some nicer topics...


My new Alannah Hill 'The Good Housewife' scarf:

Things that get me through the working day:
Cadbury creme eggs
Redbull a day, keeps me awake!

On the way home - wearing one of my fave pair of shoes that are unfortunately wearing out!
Alannah Hill headband - my first wear, I love it, although it does give me a headache after a while so I have to keep readjusting.

2 comments :

Porcelain Blonde said...

Gosh babe, what a decision <3 Good luck with it <3

Loving the Alannah Hill and your Salvatore Ferragamos - they're the best ballet flats ever!

Glad to see I'm not the only one hitting the creme eggs already hee hee :)

<3 xxx

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

I trust you'll make an informed decision - best of luck! And love the Salvatore Ferragamo shoes =)