Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Bather's Pavilion - Balmoral, Sydney

I'm not sure how to write this post without gushing about how fantastic it was, but I'll try. Bather's Pavilion is situation right on the esplanade at Balmoral Beach, easily my favourite spot in Sydney.


It's the most gorgeously sunny day on a Sunday, and it's families galore and beach goers soaking up the sunshine. Everything tastes better with a view like this, and I'm kicking myself for not bringing beach gear to go for a dip.


We manage to grab a table on the cafe side instantly even though it's quite busy.

I love the casual feel of the restaurant, and the fact that you can just wander past when you fancy, and get a table due to their no bookings policy.


My refreshing fruity mocktail - looks good doesn't it? Everything on the drinks menu looked so good, I could barely decide!


Enjoying my drink and the view


Peppered beef fillet mignons with French style peas and potato gratin


Chicken involtini with white bean purée, baby zucchini with tomato sugo


Crème caramel, poached caramel pears, cinnamon filo crisp


Pineapple tart tartin, pineapple compote, coconut ice-cream


As you can see, the food is beautifully presented, and was a delicious. The only thing was the long wait for food, but seriously, it doesn't feel like much of a wait when you have such a great view!


4 The Esplanade

Mosman NSW 2088
Ph: (02) 9969 5050

3 comments :

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

Been here a few times for breakfast and lunch and it's just so relaxing.

Pham Xan said...

ah, it looks so delicious ;)

missklicious said...

md- Agreed, it's an amazing spot!

Pham Xan - It was a fantastic meal