Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Kirribilli markets

One of my favourite weekend activities is going to the markets, preferably one with clothes, accessories & food (the greatest combination!) The weather this Saturday was perfect, so off to Kirribilli markets it was.

Get there early if you want to actually find parking without circling around 50 times. Luckily a parking spot was found!
Parking space, where art thou?
The markets in action

Sweltering in the car


First stop - dutch pancakes!!
Million dollar backdrop

My purchases:

Continuing the scarf obsession

This ring looked really familiar - I think I've seen it at a shop before, but can't remember where!

Came across a store selling el cheapo jewelry with a great range of stuff and picked up a few pieces:

Bronze purple beaded necklace

Owl pendant & key with rose


They even had tubs of different pendants that you can build your own necklace with, and loads of different necklaces and bracelets. Very cool! I could have bought a whole lot more, but restricted myself (until next time...)

9 comments :

missea said...

I wish we had decent markets in Brisbane :( I think I might need to take a trip to Sydney just to hit the markets!

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

Loving the owl pendant! I'm with missea, Brisbane needs to up the ante in the market stakes.

Little A. said...

Agree with Missea! That ring and key pendant are so gorgeous x

Anonymous said...

Ohhh nice buys! For some reason the ring with flowers reminds me of Marc Jacobs' Daisy perfume. Don't know why, but it just does! :D

Lily said...

i'm not sure if i've ever been to the kiribilli market.. is that the one near the rocks?? lol i'm terrible with directions.. but i love your ring! prettiful!

missklicious said...

missea - That's a shame there isn't good markets in Brisbane! I love browsing them, and Sydney seems to have a good range.

soph - I couldn't resist the adorable owl pendant.

Little A - Thanks! Markets are always great places for finding accessories.

Anon - It does kind of look like the flower doesn't it? Hehe

Lily - Kirribilli markets are at Milson's Point - North Sydney just on the other side of the bridge (close to Luna Park etc) It's on once a month

bowsnhearts said...

Wow the ring is so stunning!!! So are the pendants!

How come we don't get markets like that in Melbourne?

UNFAIR!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ahhh I miss the North Shore! It used to be a monthly trip to Kirribilli to partake of shopping, gozleme and poffertjes! :) Love the pendants!

katthroatworld said...

great purchases! wish i had a market near me!