Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Kit Kat Crazy @ Maruyu Japanese grocery & $2.50 shop

As I was saying in my previous post, I was in the City for work training last Friday, and recalling a post from Jennifer @ Jenius, I knew I had to drop past the Japanese $2.50 shop on Clarence Street - Maruyu.

This shop is hidden away at the end of Clarence Street, split into two levels. The bottom level is for groceries, and the upper level has the $2.50 shop with an assortment of beauty products, household things and knick knacks. They take cash only, but have a little ATM inside.

Snacks galore

On the upper level - Hello Kitty stuff!

My haul - including an assortment of Kit Kats, Crunky, Poifull and Pocky. Everything was reasonably priced, cheaper than the other asian groceries in fact

Vegetable Kit Kat - another 'I'm buying it because it sounds interesting' purchase

Sakura milk coffee Kit Kat

Sparkling Strawberry

Raspberry & Passionfruit

Mix Berry Pocky
The name of this chocolate always makes me giggle - Chestnut flavoured Crunky

Strawberry tart flavoured Crunky

The best jellybeans IMO - Poifull

Maruyu City Super


Maruyu
Basement & Ground Floor, 283-285 Clarence St., Sydney.
Ph: (02)9267 0882
Hours: Open 7 days. Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri (10am-7:30pm),

Thurs (10am-8pm), Sat (12pm-6pm), Sun (12pm-5pm)

7 comments :

juznie said...

This post is. killing. me. Let us know what the vegetable Kit Kat is like! That sounds ... so bizarre. The Crunky bar is giving me a good giggle :)

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Must visit and stock up on Japanese KitKats and Pocky! Do you remember how much the Kit Kats were? the store near me sells them for $5 :(

Aney said...

I love Japanese grocery stores! I have one right by my house :P Pocky's are my fave :)

missklicious said...

juznie - Yes, it is bizarre! Will let you know what it tastes like when I try it. Hehe

NQN - It's a great place to stock up on Japanese snacks! The Kit Kats were $3.99, the cheapest place I've found them so far. Japanese Kit Kats are so overpriced here!

Aney - I love Pocky too!

bowsnhearts said...

Woo...I love Japanese snacks coz they look so cute!

I wish we have a store like this in Melbourne!

panda said...

i came by here after reading jen's post too! ended up getting a little carried away and a little too much :)

Monica said...

Hahaha, I'm such a n00b. I only recently discovered this little gem on clarence st too, because I have french classes at the Alliance Francaise -

I never realised there was an upstairs part to it... doh! Will most definitely check out the upstairs section when I have class on tues night, woooo! :)