Monday, 15 March 2010

Plan B, Becasse - Clarence St, Sydney



I was extremely excited to find out that the venue for my training course last Friday was a few steps away from Becasse. I could sneak to Plan B for lunch and try their famous Wagyu beef burger!


It's literally a hole in the wall next to the restaurant, and if you blink, you'll miss it. They have sandwiches, tarts, and cakes on display, with an assortment of drinks. Coffees are made by the friendly lady at the counter, but everything else on the menu she has to phone in to the restaurant and then retrieve it when it's ready.

Most people aren't here for a leisurely lunch though and quickly grab takeaway. The burger is about a 10 minute wait.

The menu - short and sweet, there are sandwiches and sweets on display too

The Gundooee organic grass fed wagyu burger - not a bad lunch for $10!


It was so hard to even grasp my hands around this monster! The hunk of beef was massive! It was really good though. I was full for the rest of the day.


I loved the different drinks they had on offer - this one is my sparkling Cranberry & Lime


Couldn't resist the Banana tart with salted peanut brittle on display, it was the last one!


This was really good - tasty topping of peanut brittle on top of a gooey caramel/banana base, with chunks of banana through it

204 Clarence Street
Sydney NSW 2000

Open Monday - Friday from 8am-4pm

Ph: (02) 9283 3450


I may have gotten this burger takeaway due to the lack of seating and scoffed it down across the road sitting on a wall, due to the lack of seats. How embarassing, but it was worth it!







5 comments :

Humpty Dumpty said...

oh wow! the burger looks really good (even though i dont eat red meat).

the meat looks sooo juicy! i think my bf would love that. thanks for posting!

panda said...

i really want to try their wagyu burger!!! dessert looks good too!

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

I STILL haven't tried this burger yet >< A fault of me not working in the city and them not being open on weekends! Looks sooo good though =)

allthingsd said...

I went by this place in search of the $10 burger but wasn't sure if it was the right place and didn't proceed in cause it looked too fancy! SHAME! I'm hungry just looking at it... MmmMmmMMM

-d

Zina @ tastedbytwo said...

Nice wrap up. I waited a good 40 minutes before I got my burger from Plan B. The burger was really good value and delicious too.