Friday, 19 March 2010

Sammy's Kitchen - Civic, Canberra

When you need a quick and easy lunch, I don't think there's any other place as efficient as Sammy's Kitchen. It's been around for as long as I can remember, now in it's newish location across the road at the new part of the Canberra Centre.

Menu full of Chinese/Malaysian dishes

It is always packed, but service is still always really quick, which is a bonus during lunch rush!

Refreshing coconut juice

Waiting for food!

Shallot pancake (ordered individually) and spring rolls

Shan choi bao - I love the mixture here, with a lovely mix of crunchy celery and pinenuts

Yum! Great for hot days where you don't feel like proper food

Ready to be rolled!

Ipoh noodles

Sammy's Kitchen
North Quarter
Canberra Centre
Bunda St, Canberra City 2601
Ph: 6247 1464

3 comments :

bowsnhearts said...

Ooo when I went to Canberra, I didn't see this place!

We went to ...this place selling all sorts of noodles in a suburb starting with the letter, "D"? I can't really remember! LoL!

panda said...

i'm curious - what are ipoh noodles?

missklicious said...

bowsnhearts - Hehe, Deakin maybe? I have no idea! Did you go into the City at all?

panda - That's just what they are called on the menu, I thought it was quite common in Chinese/Malay restaurants, but maybe not? It's just like a normal stir fried noodle dish with chicken, beef, fish cake and egg through it.