Saturday, 17 April 2010

Buffet Brekky - Hilton Hotel, Sydney

What's a stay at a nice hotel, without indulging in their buffet breakfast. I love breakfast buffets! You can eat as much as you want, without as much guilt, since breakfast is meant to be the heartiest meal of the day, and you can burn it off during the day anyway. It's a win win situation. 

Hilton Sydney does a fantastic buffet breakfast. I didn't take photos but they had a great range of hot food such as the usual breakfast suspects, but you could also order things fresh too - eggs any way you like. They also had a whole table dedicated to breads. There was everything - hot cross buns, donuts, croissants, breads galore, danishes, you name it. They also had tubs of yoghurt, heaps of fresh fruit, juices, little shots of wheatgrass, cold meats, cheese... that's all my memory can salvage, but I'm sure there was heaps more!

We got in bright and early, but as the morning progressed, it was packed! (most likely due to the Easter holidays)





Hot selections - I was too rushed to eat to snap pics of anything else!


My first plate of many - smoked salmon, chipolata sausages, potato cakes, roasted tomato, fetta cheese (so yum!) with a berry hotcake on the side for good measure


A palate cleanser - fresh fruit, a carrot juice shot, a smoothie shot and more of that salmon and fetta


Bread selection - chocolate donut and croissant

I had way more plates, but was too keen to eat HAHA


Coffee break at Caffe Cino downstairs


Banoffee pie

5 comments :

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

That smoothie shot and juice shot look so cute! Love how you've labelled that plate 'palate cleanser' =p With all good buffets, it's about strategically pacing yourself!

Humpty Dumpty said...

oh wow! that looks soo yummy! i love big big big breakfast but my bf say hes not doing bacon or sausages and anything too sweet anymore for breakfast...boring!

how much was it per person?

Audrey Allure said...

The food looks delicious!

Blair said...

Delish!!!!

I wish I can eat some of that, right now my stomach is growling haha

missklicious said...

md- They were cute! I love mini sized things at buffets, as it means you can try more things. =D

Agree about the pacing too. I'm always the one saying to my dining partners 'you better eat slowly, so you can fit more!!!' hahaha

Humpty Dumpty - Big breakfasts aren't complete with bacon or sausages! hehe Awww, but I guess he's being healthy which is good!

Audrey - It was sooooo good!

Blair - Haha. Food always seems to look more delicious when you're hungry!