Thursday, 22 April 2010

Mamak - Sydney

Growing more popular by the year, Mamak is usually on my avoid list due to the massive lines that snake around the corner. For some reason, I was lucky last Saturday as the moment I walked past, the line was only at the door. It was a sign! I quickly rushed in line, and about 5 minutes later the line was long again.

Entertainment while in line - watching the roti being made
YAY! Finally we get in...


Now to choose a drink...

So busy as always


My iced milk tea. Love


Chicken satay - I could drink this sauce. It's THAT good

Roti Telur

Rojak-Malaysian-style salad- prawn and coconut fritters, fried tofu, hard-boiled eggs, freshly shredded yambean and cucumber, topped with a thick spicy peanut sauce - loved the vegetables, so refreshing and crunchy, with the amazing sauce!

Ais Kacang - with red beans, corn, grass jelly + rose syrup with shaved ice - so delicious! Loved the rose syrup

Haven't visited Mamak since when it first opened, so it was a great reunion! Yummy and cheap food. Just wish the lines were a bit shorter.

15 Goulburn St

Haymarket NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9211 1668

2 comments :

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

Agree, love the iced tea and the satay skewers!

Anita said...

I love satay sauce too! I could just eat satay skewers for every meal. :)