Friday, 30 April 2010

My typical lazy weekend


Lately I haven't been as excited to eat out, or make lists of places to eat, as I normally tend to do. Sometimes I just can't be bothered. Times like this, I tend to go with the flow, and just eat whatever comes along.

One thing I do love though, is the Friday night markets at Chinatown. It does get a bit crowded though.

More crepes than you can poke a stick at

Making crepes and Japanese pancakes with fillings

My peach crepe, with strawberry icecream and chocolate sauce - by the time I got the chance to take a pic, the cream was looking very sad and melted. As for the weird combo of flavours, that's what happens when I have to choose on the spot, with no visual guidance (I picked the first things that came to mind!)


Another lazy weekend activity for those times you can't be assed doing anything:

Heading down to the local pub for some $7 steak and footy


After grocery shopping at the local shopping centre - Hong Kong style comfort food at Hurstville:

Sun Ming

Iced Horlick - syrup shot

Baked spaghetti

Macaroni with ham and egg

It's nice to have a lazy weekend once in a while.

4 comments :

SK said...

I am very big fan of the HK baked spaghetti. Mmm . . cheesy . . .

missklicious said...

SK - Me too! It's a different take on spaghetti, but still great comfort food mmm

katthroatworld said...

what's steak and footy? and how did the macaroni with ham and egg taste? was it a soup?

Amy @ cookbookmaniac said...

Aww. I now have a craving for trashy cantonese or japanese food. I love the stuff.