Monday, 19 April 2010

Ramen Kan - Haymarket, Sydney

Blink and you'll miss it.  Ramen Kan is hidden upstairs via a small dingy elevator that you wouldn't bother venturing into, unless you knew there was something good on the other side- in this case, it's a ramen fix, perfect for the cooler weather on this particular night.

Browsing the menu - I have a love for picture menus, they are awesome

Peach Calpis

Gyoza - these were just OK, they were a bit strange

Karaage chicken ramen - this was good my sources tell me, I didn't have a taste as I was still having teeth woes due to my braces - I've recovered now thankfully!

I stuck with an easy to eat option - beef udon, udon is up there as my favourite noodles, so you can't really go wrong!
Ramen Kan
1/90 Hay St
Haymarket NSW 2000
ph: (02) 9211 6677

3 comments :

panda said...

i actually rarely order udon when i eat japanese. i always think how cheap it is to buy the packets (i think you can get them for about 60cents)...anyway, i do like ramen kan but always seem to forget it's there cos it's tucked away upstairs

Mr. Pineapple Man said...

looks delicious! great pics!

missklicious said...

Panda - yeah that's true! I don't cook much though so thats probably the reason I do order it. Ramen kan is hidden away, I wouldn't even know about it had I not read anything about it online!

Mr pineapple man - thanks and great name!