Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Superbowl Chinese Restaurant - Dixon Street, Sydney

Chinatown is definitely the place to go for a late night feed. Superbowl may be a bit crowded and messy, but it sure hits the spot for a quick and tasty meal!

Lining up - so crowded, but the tables turnover fairly quickly so it's not much of a wait


What Superbowl are known for, congee, this was so yum! Minced beef and egg congee


You can have congee without crispy deep fried batons of bread dipped in the congee. Tasty!


Massive plate of duck noodles - couldn't finish this mountain because it was so big

Superbowl Chinese Restaurant
41 Dixon Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9281 2462

6 comments :

linda said...

Superbowl used to be the place of late night snacking for us, however mamak has since taken over. I was also a huge fan of their congee and fried breadsticks, yummo

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Hehe congee is the only time I eat those fried bread sticks. I know that I could easily polish off a bag of them so this way I have less stomach space for them! :P

SK said...

Nothing like dipping fried bread sticks into hot congee . . . mmmmmm . . .

Jen said...

I second Linda - Superbowl used to be THE place, but nowadays, I head to Mamak, Chat Thai or Wagaya. Although I do love Superbowl's congee and their prawns in spicy salt! Mmmm...

missklicious said...

linda - I usually take one look at the massive line at Mamak and give up - it's insane!

Lorraine - hehe they are really good! deep fried goodness mmmm

SK - They go so well together!

Jen - All great options for late night dining, I haven't been to Mamak for ages though (back in the days when there weren't any lines!)

The prawns sound good!

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

That is one massive plate of duck noodles! I miss Superbowl for their 'proper' shaken bubble tea of years gone by though... =(