Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Azuma Japanese Restaurant - Chifley Square, Sydney

Another Friday night comes along, and Japanese is on the menu again. This time it's Azuma at Chifley Plaza, and it's a relatively quiet night, probably due to the fact that it's cold and rainy.

I'm always obsessive about booking, but it wasn't necessary tonight as it was pretty quiet and there were a few empty seats


Azuma specials

Ringo cocktail - a lovely apple + sake concoction, really nice and not too strong, went down very well!

Seared salmon belly nigiri

From the specials menu - scallops & abalone - I liked the pretty presentation of this dish


The mushrooms were amazing - they soaked up all the yummy butter sauce and were so moreish

Wagyu beef steak - this was about as average as it looked, definitrly had better elsewhere...

Miso eggplant - so good, I loved the miso sauce and wanted another bowl of rice to go with it!

Dessert time

What else to get when you can't decide? The dessert platter! Or in my case, I choose it because I'm greedy...

Jelly fruit salad + belgian chocolate mousse cake

Green tea roll cake & creme brulee

Azuma Japanese Restaurant
1/2 Chifley Square
Sydney NSW 2000
ph: (02) 9222 9960

6 comments :

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

The thing I really like about Azuma and Azuma Kushiyaki is they really do desserts well. They're not just an afterthought! And those mushrooms look fab! :D

Julie said...

Oh what a shame that wagyu looks really good!

panda said...

ah! i didn't realise azuma had desserts! it looks fantastic!

Lily said...

you always find the nicest place to dine at!!! :):) i'm hungry now!!

OohLookBel said...

Azuma at Chifley has such great food! And yes, I love how they do not-so-traditional Japanese desserts.

missklicious said...

Lorraine - The dessert platter was great! (but then again, any dessert platter is a winner in my books hehe)

The mushrooms were fantastic, soaked in the buttery flavour. Sooo good!

Julie - It was a shame, it wasn't terrible, but definitely not the best I've tried.

panda - Yep, they sure do have desserts! I had a sneak peek at the website menu before I decided to go.

Lily - I always have trouble finding somewhere to dine, as I end up mostly having to decide where to eat all the time, so I do a lot of "research" on the internet hehe

Bel - Food was great - I'm surprised it wasn't that full on a Friday night!