Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Blu Ginger Indian Restaurant - Civic, Canberra

Indian is not a cuisine I frequently eat, as you can most likely gather from my posts (dominated by japanese food much?)

I don't know why though, as Indian food is so good! Curries were on the mind at Blu Ginger due to the cool weather, and what a great choice that ended up to be.

Blu Ginger is newly opened in the heart of the North Quarter in the city. A bit classier than your average Indian joint, it's quite busy during a Saturday night, but we manage to get a table without a booking.  This is mainly due to their dishes coming out very quickly, therefore the tables have a high turnover.

So many choices to try - I always have trouble picking at a new restaurant


Fresh lime drink - I really liked this, tasted like a fresh lime cordial and was a refreshing accompaniment to the curries


Entree - Seekh kebabs


Curries - Butter Chicken (mild) and Beef Vindaloo (hot)


I'm in love with this butter chicken - the sauce was seriously drinkable! I couldn't help dipping more naan bread and eating more rice even though I was full


Rice is a must have to eat curry IMO, so tasty!

It's a tad more exxy than the average place, but I think it's worth it.  I had my entertainment card, so it worked out to be under $50 for 2 people - and they didn't take the number off the back either, so I can use it again. Score!

5 Genge St

City ACT 2601
Ph: (02) 6247 2228



Blu Ginger on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

That butter chicken looks, um, VERY buttery! Or maybe just creamy?

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love Indian food too. I think I tend to eat it more in the Winter though as it's so lovely and warming! :)

Humpty Dumpty said...

i love love butter chicken! yummo!

missklicious said...

md - It was VERY creamy compared to butter chickens I've had in the past

Lorraine - It's definitely a winter cuisine, all those warming curries and yummy naan breads

Humpty Dumpty - me too! The sauce was awesome!