Monday, 10 May 2010

Cure for Mondayitis - Macaron Cake @ The Flute Bakery

How can one not fall instantly in love with a cake adorned with colourful macarons? My eyes lit up when I saw this baby on a breakfast trip to the Flute Bakery.

I always have to refrain myself from drooling when looking through this display cabinet

Especially when it involves a pretty macaron cake!



I'm a big fan of their breads and pastries too - this one is a raspberry and vanilla brioche



This one was my fave - pear and almond brioche, so lush and tasty, with a big hunk of pear and almond flakes



And of course if you can't have the macaron cake, there's always a consolation prize (a good one at that!)

9 comments :

chocolatesuze said...

naww the macaron cake must be mine it must!

Amy @ cookbookmaniac said...

woah. macaron crazy! i wants it!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That cake is gorgeous! I love the colourful macarons on top! :D

Audrey Allure said...

They all look so delicious!

prettyprettyyumyum said...

ooooooooooooooooh! A trip to canberra may be in order!! pastel macaroons are so gorgeous, thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I need to get a midnight snack now. (:

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

I reckon the pastel shades of macarons appeal to our inner child - much like a make-up palette! =p

Yuki said...

MACARON CAKE!!!! how awesome is that =)

prolix said...

It interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it.
Bakery Equipment