Sunday, 16 May 2010

Dae Jang Gum Korean Restaurant - Haymarket, Sydney

You can tell that the weather is getting cooler just by examining my dining choices - more substantial options are craved, such as hotpot and of course, Korean BBQ!



Dae Jang Kum is an oldie that I've visited many times before, but have neglected over the past year or two. Stepping inside for a early dinner, and it feels and looks exactly the same, except with a few more dishes on the menu (fish and chips!?!)


I thought we were really early but some people were finishing their meals already!

Possibly my fave thing about Korean BBQ are the numerous side dishes (banchan):

Spicy radish of some sort? I popped one in my mouth and it was way too hard to eat for me (maybe due to my braces though)

A nice refreshing asian coleslaw type dish (Yes, I'm making up names for the side dishes!)

Didn't really touch this one. It didn't look that appealing - some kind of seaweed concoction with veges?


I ate this one all up - mashed potato mmmm
Waiting for meat!


Marinated beef and "wagyu" short rib - I used the term wagyu loosely since every man and dog seem to put it on their menu these days, but it just tastes like normal beef


Sizzling meat. Love the smell! (not so much the aftermath on my clothes though)

They went all out with engraved chairs and all!

Dae Jang Kum Korean BBQ Restaurant

35-37 Goulburn Street, Haymarket Chinatown, Sydney
Ph: (02) 9211 0890

2 comments :

foodwink said...

It's been a while since I've been here! Agree with you on wagyu beef - such an abused term. Would you go back?

missklicious said...

@foodwink - I'm not in a hurry to go back, but would if I had a craving for Korean BBQ. I'd probably prefer to try other places though