Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Kabuki Shoroku revisted - Clarence St, Sydney


I really enjoyed Kabuki Shoroku the last time I visited, so it's a easy choice when looking for a dining option after a spot of late night (window) shopping, due to it's proximity to the department stores.

Shortly after arriving, we were ushered through the curtains and given a table - they were busy, but had a few tables

I spy the tuna belly on the specials menu and decide that it will be my entree (even at $14 for 2 pieces!)

A dish that was enjoyed last time and re-ordered - grilled scallops, nice and juicy

Mixed Tempura

served with your choice of soba or udon

Grilled chicken cutlet - this was suprisingly nice! The breadcrumb batter was so thin, yet crispy + the chicken was amazingly tender

We thought we'd avoid the hot rock this time and went for the wagyu beef fillet - very nice!


I know I said I'd be back for the Shabu Shabu, and that was my initial intention, but it wasn't hot enough the night I went, so it will have to be next time...

Kabuki Shoroku
202 Clarence St
Sydney NSW 2000
ph: (02) 9267 4552

2 comments :

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

hehe there's definitely enough time for some warming Shabu Shabu up soon! Tonight was so cold! Brrrrr!

missklicious said...

Lorraine - It's definitely called for now with this cold change in the weather!