Monday, 3 May 2010

Seafood Paella @ Subsolo - Sydney

Had a real hankering for paella during the Easter long weekend break (which was a month ago now) so I decided to take my mum to Subsolo, since I had a good experience there previously.

Not particularly busy for a Thursday night



Perusing the menu


Peach bellini - yum!


Bacalao croquettes - these were tasty, but unfortunately way too salty for my tastebuds (which was the theme for the other dish too!)


Gorgeous Valencia paella - this was yummy, it had seafood galore, chicken & tasty chirozo, but this was quite salty as well, which was disappointing because it was otherwise good!



Hitting the hay back at the hotel - how cool is the pillow menu?

Subsolo Spanish Restaurant and Tapas Bar
161 King St, Sydney NSW 2000
Corner Castlereagh St
Ph: (02) 9223 7000

5 comments :

Lily said...

i just got up, now i feel like seafood haha!

missklicious said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
missklicious said...

Lily - Nothing better than a fresh seafood feast. Yum!!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I've never been here but the food does look nice (if a bit too salty)! I remember when it used to be Omega and it was such an interesting space! :)

Amy @ cookbookmaniac said...

I have a love for all things spanish. Heck I'm even engaged to a latino!

I am always on the lookout for new Spanish places because there are so many that are substandard. Even though you say it is quite salty I am curious about the food. I might visit there soon :)