Sunday, 30 May 2010

Weekend activities

It's been absolutely pouring non-stop, and I'm really dreading the plane ride home (hello, turbulence!) but I still have a whole day to relax until then, so I'll just put that at the back of my mind.

Yesterday I woke up semi-early for a weekend, to have breakfast at Beess & Co:

Comforting hot chocolate with fluffy marshmallows

Half serve of ricotta hotcakes with berry compote & mascarpone, oh how I've missed this! nom nom nom

After breakfast, went for a jaunt to the fabric store with my mum:

Browsing fabrics to make winter coats

Half price off Burda patterns - I picked up a nice one, and a gorgeous lilac wool fabric too, for my mum to make. Will post pics once complete!

An earlier one she made for me:

Pink wool coat - so pretty and warm!

Cute flower buttons

Back view

I'm really lemming a few Alannah Hill coats, but they are still full priced at the moment, and I think too expensive to justify (I know, sounds strange coming from me...) but these coats are a great alternative, and they have some really gorgeous fabrics out at the moment!

7 comments :

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

Wow, your mum is seriously talented! My mother doesn't sew at all.

Julie said...

That coat is gorgeous very lucky you! Your mum is very talented. I can only make simple skirts on my machine i need to learn coats!

Charlie said...

that´s a very pretty coat, love the colour, the flower buttons and the collar so much!cute ^^

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

What a cute coat! It's very Alannah Hill! :D

Anonymous said...

Omg! Your mum is so talented! The coat is gorgeous and i love the colour :D

missklicious said...

md - A mum that sews sure comes in handy!

Julie - Thank you! Wow, I wish I could make skirts. I don't know the first thing about using a sewing machine. I think it would be great to be able to design and sew your own clothes though!

Charlie - I love everything about it too - it's really cute!

Lorraine - It is, isn't it? Speaking of Alannah Hill, they have the most gorgeous coats in store right now *sigh*

Anon - It's such a nice colour! They have lovely fabrics this season.

juznie said...

Wow, your mum is talented! That coat is so cute.