Monday, 21 June 2010

Musashi - Haymarket, Sydney

It's disappointing to go back to an old favourite, only to find out that it's not quite what it used to be.  I think we've all had that experience, whether it be places, relationships or in this case, a restaurant.

A visit to an old favourite on a Friday night

Have I mentioned that I heart picture menus - luckily most Japanese places have them these days!

Shanghai berry - a tangy berry combination 

Deep fried oysters - one of my old favourites, delicious deep fried goodness, however, the sauce is a bit different to what I remember, it's not as thick, and it now has a yellow tinge with a unidentifiable flavour

Salmon Aburi - this was a fail for me, not much flavour!

Katsu don

Wagyu beef skewers - these were another fail, one skewer was so tough and chewy, it was almost inedible, about 2 pieces were really tender, and the rest average, which was a huge disappointment, as it looked quite nice

Dessert menu

Black tea brulee - I liked this, nice tea flavour and creamy

Musashi Japanese Restaurant
447 Pitt St
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9280 0377

2 comments :

dee said...

OMG all that food looks so good!

missklicious said...

dee - Looked good, but not that tasty unfortunately =(