Sunday, 13 June 2010

Takeru - Sussex St, Sydney

Another good type of comfort food - Western style Japanese food, think creamy pastas & the like.  Takeru is another one that's been sitting on my list 'to try' for a while, and I finally got around to it a few Fridays ago.

There was a short wait, and my first impression of the restaurant was that it was quite small and cramped.   Upon arrival, you write your name down, and take a number, being asked if you'd like to share.

So many choices! Looking through the picture menu



What I love about Takeru - this cartoon sums it up quite well, they have 1/2 dishes, which I'm a massive fan of, as it means you can choose 2 different things! woohoo, eases the decision process



Entree - takoyaki



Green tea shake - very thick and creamy, with a scoop of green tea ice cream, I still prefer Ichi-ban Boshi's version though




Half serve of salmon cream spaghetti - I loved this! And the 1/2 serving was perfect!

Chicken karaage ramen


Chicken namban - deep fried chicken with delicious sauce, it was recommended on their menu, and was quite good!

Takeru Japanese Restaurant
339 Sussex St
Sydney NSW 2000
(02) 9283 3975

5 comments :

Audrey Allure said...

Looks awesome, definitely want to try that green tea shake one day.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I was just thinking that I wanted to go back as I was missing Japanese pasta! :P

Maria said...

I've been here so many times and I can never go past their mochi curry!

missklicious said...

Audrey Allure - I love green tea shakes! The green tea makes them less filling than other flavours

Lorraine - I want to go back too, and try the other dishes, like the seafood doria etc =D

Maria - mochi curry sounds interesting!

Forager said...

Ooh, that chicken karaage ramen looks like the perfect thing for these cold nights!