Monday, 7 June 2010

Ton Ton - Regent Place, Sydney

Part of the Azuma family, Ton Ton is the quick, cheap and cheerful option. The simple seating outside is always jam packed, so get in early to grab a seat! It's nested amongst Azuma Kushiyaki and patisserie (where you can drop by afterwards for some dessert!)


They had a sign for a chestnut pumpkin - sounded intriguing, it was a dessert. Can anyone shed some light on what it was?


Waiting for our food on a cold and dreary Tuesday- it was the night of the pre-sales at Myer and DJs, so of course I had to have a look. It was the day before I got sick too, and I knew it was coming since I felt really worn out for no reason, and fell asleep on the train.

Some hearty japanese food for the cold weather:


Chicken katsu don - a very comforting mixture of crumbed chicken, onion & egg with rice


Chicken karaage ramen - another warming bowl of fried chicken goodness

501 George St
Sydney NSW 2000
ph: (02) 9267 7775


6 comments :

chocolatesuze said...

the chicken karaage at ton ton is so freaking awesome!

xbbkay said...

ahh i friggin love chicken. i want wings now. LOL

Sarah Vino said...

ooo I never knew! But I been to Azuma. Thanks. Don't know what chesnut punkin is! But the pice of dishes look good!

C'est moi, Cecilia ♥ said...

thanks darling! :)
oh these food dishes are making me hungry! it's past 12am tho so i will refrain from stuffing myself although i am tempted...=p
you have amazing taste in food, all the pics of food you ever post are yummy
xoxo

thesydneygirl said...

oh yum! making me hungry

missklicious said...

chocolatesuze - Awesome AND cheap, it's a win win situation!

xbbkay - I'm a chicken fan too. Especially of the fried variety mmm

Cecilia - Thanks love!

thesydneygirl - I'm hungry right now too lol