Thursday, 29 July 2010

Miss Saigon - Hurstville, Sydney

A craving for Vietnamese food a couple of weekends ago, meant a trip to the local Miss Saigon in Hurstville.




Simple menu laced with engrish


My staple order - deep fried spring rolls, I love the smaller size of Vietnamese spring rolls 


And the sauce

Special broken rice with pork chop and egg - This version was a fail, and nothing compared to the Cabramatta versions (which I was craving!) I will need to make the trip to Cabra for the awesome version soon, as my craving is still not satisfied!

Miss Saigon
185c Forest Road
Hurtsville NSW 2220
Ph: (02) 9585 0068

5 comments :

Lily said...

this looks interesting! i've always wanted to try there!

Immashoesaddict said...

OMG i went here last year when i was in sydney , i thought they were OK , havent found a viet rest in sydney that makes me go ga-ga yet

C'est moi, Cecilia ♥ said...

looks nice but as im viet im very critical of viet restaurants and food! if im gonna pay for something i can have at home it better be good!! :)
did you buy anything from the mac in the groove collection babe?

xoxo

missklicious said...

Lily - It's one of the better vietnamese places in Hurstville I think, but some of the dishes are pretty avaerage!

Imma - Ooh, how long did you come up for? It's OK, not the best! I think Cabramatta has the ultimate viet food

Cecilia - I know what you mean, I hate paying for somewhere and then it ends up being crap! Also, that's why I hardly ever go out to Chinese restaurants, since I have it at home anyway.

I didn't get to check out the MAC collection yet! I'm trying to save myself for overseas shopping (hence avoiding the shops)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh no what a shame about the broken rice. I know what you mean about cravings going unsatisfied though!