Saturday, 31 July 2010

Yumei - Capitol Square, Haymarket

In a bid for a quick lunch before the movies, Yumei is instantly thought of, as it is never crowded and relatively quick.

Menu time

As I've said before, I profess my love for picture menus, however sometimes they can work against you...

Complimentary cold noodle dish, this is the first time I've received a free starter at a Japanese restaurant!

Grape Calpico

Salmon aburi - not as nice as I previously remembered, I was missing the chargrilled taste that I've come to be addicted to!

Crab croquettes - these were nice, deep fried with creamy mashed potato inside, couldn't detect any "crab" at all, but then again, I wasn't expecting to

Grilled cheese scallops - Back to the menus... These look nothing like they were meant to, and were quite disappointing! The menu didn't show a massive mound of rice under the scallop, and plus these were barely warm when we received them

Wagyu beef kushiyaki

Katsu-don

Overall not the best Japanese place compared to the other yummy places available, but it's not bad, and you are basically always guaranteed a spot without a wait (my pet hate when dining is having to wait ages in line!)


Yumei Japanese Restaurant
69/730-742 George St
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9212 6665

3 comments :

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh what a shame when the picture menu works against you! I love them-if they are accurate! :)

Lily said...

i think this is the place i go all the time! is it the one that's next to the korean one?

they have $3 imported beers on friday nights lol thats why my friends are ALWAYS there. OoOo noodles! I've only ever had come weird rhubarb +stick vegies and pumpkin soup (really nice!)

but i usually go theres for the sashimi :)

missklicious said...

Lorraine - I love them too, it's just a bit disappointing when they are inaccurate!

Lily - I think so, I remember seeing a Korean restaurant next door.

$3 beers sounds pretty awesome (if I drank beer!) I've never received the complimentary dish before!