Sunday, 1 August 2010

The Weekend - Umi Kaiten Zushi & Inception

The weekend was quite uneventful.  I left work early on Friday to go to the doctors since my eyes had been red and tired for the whole week.  Luckily I felt better on Saturday after using some prescribed eye drops.



The rain held out, so it was off to Surry Hills to try and see if there were any fabrics that caught my eye as they were having a 30-50% off sale at The Fabric Store


Sushi for lunch, and I decided to head to Umi Kaiten Zushi since it was in the Entertainment Book (and that's how I usually decide where to eat when I don't have anything in mind!)

I didn't enjoy it as much as I used to, I haven't been for a couple of years from memory

I like the colourful sushi placemat


It was quite empty though, even during peak lunch hour, which I guess was a massive warning sign


Salmon & avocado sushi - yum! Can't go wrong!


Wagyu beef with Umi sauce - The sauce was nice, but the beef was way too tough


Tempura prawn handroll - anything deep fried is usually a winner, and this is no exception


Grilled cheese scallops - Nice cheesy flavour, but other than these dishes, nothing else really appealed to me on the sushi train.  Also, because there weren't many people dining, the same things just kept going around,  so that's all I ended up having.

I used to like this place, so not really sure what went wrong? 

Anyway, average sushi aside, I also watched Inception at the cinemas after all the rave reviews.



It was definitely a stretch of the brain at times, but I really enjoyed it! For those that have seen it, what do you think about the ending?

3 comments :

Lily said...

i thought that place was quite pricey, but the scallops look so good!!! :)

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

I think the place is quite popular for weekday office lunches. Having said that, I don't think I've been for a couple of years myself!

missklicious said...

Lily - I thought the prices were average for sushi, not that I really noticed! I don't tend to really notice prices unless they are really expensive hehe

md - It's gone downhill I think (unless my tastebuds have changed in the last few yrs, which it might have) but unfortunately I think sushi is one of those things where it's either really fresh and tasty, or not =s (and this was not!)