Sunday, 12 September 2010

Haagen-Dazs Heaven

Haagen-Dazs is hands down my favourite ice cream chain, and I jump for joy every time I spot one, as Australia is sorely lacking in the Haagen-Dazs department.  

It's an extra welcome site in hot and humid Singapore, and I take the opportunity to escape the heat and indulge.

The picture menu makes it especially hard to decide from all the delicious looking creations

*Drool*

I initially wanted to order the fondue, but it was way too big for 2 people to finish, so I had to sadly choose something else

Lovely Mid-Autumn festival ice cream mooncake products

I spied this on the menu and had to have it - ice cream in cute sushi form!

It even came with a side dish of 'wasabi' which was green tea ice cream - awesome!


Delicious sushi platter - 


Mango & Passion Fruit Sushi - 
Macadamia Nut ice cream
Mango & Passion Fruit ice cream
Chocolate



Strawberry Gunkan - 
Macadamia Nut ice cream
Strawberry fruit
Chocolate



Kiwi Gunkan -
Vanilla ice cream
Kiwi Fruit
Chocolate



Mango Sorbet Sushi - 
Vanilla ice cream
Mango Sorbet



Served with a mini scoop of Green Tea ice cream

The mooncakes look delish too


This is the best sorbet flavour I've ever had - it was a limited edition pomegranate, blood orange and white peach sorbet. AMAZING!

I wish they had Haagez-Dazs in Australia =(

7 comments :

Lil said...

I wish we had it in Australia too!
I loved it when I had it in HK

juznie said...

Good choice with the sushi, so cute!

chocolatesuze said...

hee the sushi is so cute!

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Sushi ice cream! What a great idea!

mademoiselle délicieuse said...

*sigh!* There used to be a Haagen-Dazs roughly 10 years ago at Darling Harbour. It was a very sad time when I discovered they'd closed down =(

missklicious said...

Lil - It would be AWESOME if they opened one here! *wishful thinking* They'd definitely make a killing

juznie - The sushi was great, but I'm so keen to try the fondue set!

chocolatesuze - I know! It was *almost* too cute to eat, hehe I loved the wasabi dish too, I thought it completed the whole dish

Helen - Two of my favourite foods, combined. YAY!

md - Awww, I wonder why they closed down?

panda said...

i do like haagen dazs but do find them rather expensive!