Thursday, 23 September 2010

Mappen, Sydney

Before I left for my overseas trip, I stumbled past this intriguing looking new restaurant and made a mental note to try it.  A few days after I arrived home, some blog surfing on grabyourfork revealed that it was an awesome little self serve Japanese noodle joint.  How exciting! 

They have a sign with cartoons explaining how to order etc, and the first step was getting a drink. I chose the Fuji Apple drink

Noodle watching whilst waiting in line

The self serve tempura line

I love the self serve aspect, you can add as much or as little as you like!

My cold udon with shrimp and vegetable kakiage tempura, prawn tempura and onion tempura

My fave was the onion tempura, it was so sweet and awesome!

Beef udon

Mappen
Shop 11, 537-551 George Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9283 5525

3 comments :

prettyprettyyumyum said...

mmmmmm i can't wait to go, i saw it on grab your fork too. it reminds me of a place in Osaka I went to all the time. I'm glad we have one here now! :)

Obesebaby said...

what other self serve deep fried stuff can choose from?

missklicious said...

prettyprettyumyum - Can't wait to see the review! We need more places like this in Sydney!

Obesebaby - I pretty much chose one of everything they had there at the moment, they also had chicken tempura, I think it varies from time to time though