Saturday, 23 October 2010

The 12 Chinese Zodiacs @ Brahma Palace - Wuxi, China

I find it funny how star signs and zodiac descriptions of people's personalities can be spot on.

I was born in 1987 - The year of the Rabbit. According to this site, the rabbit is described as keen, wise, fragile, tranquil, serene, considerate, fashionable, sneaky and obsessive.  Not sure how many of those apply to me, but some of them seem quite contradictory!

One section of the Braha Palace housed these 12 animals, each with a money box and most people giving money and touching the statues for good luck.


Tiger

Rabbit

Dragon

Snake

Horse

Sheep

Monkey

Pig

Dog

Rooster

Ox

Rat


2 comments :

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I'm not sure if I fit the criteria of my Chinese horoscope sign but I definitely do for my starsign! I wonder if they're contradictory too? :)

missklicious said...

Hehe, I have no idea! I think I identify with a couple of characteristics of both my star sign and Chinese zodiac, but then again, most people could probably say the same!