Saturday, 2 October 2010

Dream Cuisine Patisserie - The Capital Region Farmer's Market, EPIC, Canberra

After a lovely breakfast, this Saturday morning mission was to go to the Capital Region Farmer's Market held at the EPIC Showgrounds every Saturday morning from 8am-11am

The last time I went, it was close to Christmas so most of the stalls weren't present.  Today was a completely different story as the market was full steam ahead and there were so many people!

I was especially keen to try the macarons at the Dream Cuisine Patisserie stall, and they didn't disappoint.

Delicious looking tarts and brownies on offer

But I only had eyes for the macarons!


I bought one of each flavour on offer that day.  I think the flavours sold vary each week, even more reason to visit often!

Raspberry and rose

Lavender and honey

Passionfruit - looking a bit sad as it got squashed somewhere between wandering the markets and on the journey back home

Absolutely delicious, and so fresh! Loved the intense passionfruit flavour and it even had the seeds throughout the filling

These are definitely up there as the best macarons I've tasted, though I've yet to taste the infamous Adriano Zumbo ones... (will have to rectify that situation!)

I'm sure I've mentioned before how much I love markets.  Whether food or fashion, it's up there in my list of favourite things to do on the weekend.  Actually, I'm pretty sure that list just consists of shopping and eating, but anyhow =P

Yummy caramel macadamias from the Batemans Bay Nut Roasting Company - the best nuts around with generous samples and intriguing flavours such as wasabi & seaweed, and green mango

Another reason why I wanted to visit the markets...



I wanted to pick up some of these decadent milk hot chocolate sticks


No comments :