Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Hero Teppan - Chatswood, Sydney

The roadworks at Chatswood on a rainy and busy Sunday meant that there was horrific traffic built up throughout the detour.  By the time we arrived at Chatswood Chase, my first choice for dining, New Shanghai was packed to the brim, and at least one hour wait.

I took a ticket and tried to persevere, but as you can tell by the title of this post, I didn't make it to New Shanghai! After a quick half hearted attempt to browse the stores, hunger got the better of me and we headed back down to look for something to eat.

This little Japanese Teppanyaki place, Hero Teppan is next door to New Shanghai

Their menu - mainly consisting of teppanyaki, grill & tempura items

They also had sushi and sashimi offerings 

I decided to try and be healthy and ordered a jasmine tea

Fried udon noodles with pork - loaded with veggies and pork, I wish there were more noodles though! You can choose from soba or udon noodles.

Wagyu steak with garlic/onion sauce - there is also a choice of wasabi butter or a balsamic sauce, nice and tender beef, but because of the way it's plated, it reminds me of Pepper Lunch

Chicken yakitori

Hero Teppan
Shop 40B/ 345 Victoria Ave
Chatswood NSW 2057

5 comments :

Kat said...

drool! T_T

Julie said...

lol what is on that guy's head! So much bonito flakes on your udon o_o

missklicious said...

Kat - hehe =P

Julie - I know, the bonito flakes were OTT!

missklicious said...

Kat - hehe =P

Julie - I know, the bonito flakes were OTT!

Katherine Josh said...

I’ve been trying to exercise and drink more tea everyday. With www.geocities.jp/family_hong_kong/English/index.htm and these flowering teas, it’s been a breeze!

Up til now, Jasmine Flower is my favorite!