Sunday, 3 October 2010

The Long Weekend

Hello everyone! This long weekend has gone way too fast.  How is it already Sunday?



I'm down in Canberra this weekend. Was meant to go to a birthday on Friday night, but I flew in quite late and was exhausted.  I didn't end up going after having a shower and finding my PJs and bed too attractive.  I'm a terrible friend - I'm always known for bailing on events, and I really need to do something about it...

Had a lovely breakfast yesterday morning.

Almond croissant

Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and dill

Did a bit of shopping. Where else? The Alannah Hill outlet is pretty much the best shop in Canberra IMO.  They did however finally open MAC and Benefit at Myer in Civic I discovered today. FINALLY! 



Cold Lonely Nights beanie

I've been eyeing off this scarf since forever when it was in the boutiques, but never ended up buying it since it was too exxy.  Picked it up yesterday with 20% extra off. Very happy, even though we are going into Summer soon and I'll have to stash it for next year.

Lovely risotto with garlic scallops and rocket, had this with a cup of Lavender Earl Grey (my favourite tea at the moment! anyone know where I can buy lavender tea?)

Outfit of the day - Pull and Bear swallow print cardi, AH beanie and skirt, bow print tights and black flats

Floriade was nice as usual - the colours this year were really pretty! It was crowded though, probably due to the long weekend holiday.  Poor tourists wearing t-shirts freezing in the cold Canberra winds.