Saturday, 16 October 2010

Spanish Terrazas - Kent St, Sydney

A craving for tapas on a Friday night was answered by a flip through the Entertainment Book and a quick, last minute booking for a table at Spanish Terrazas

I booked the same day, for 7:45pm and the guy must have misheard me because we rocked up right on time only to see that they had wrote 7:00pm in the book! Luckily it wasn't a problem at all and we were seated straight away. 

Since it was  a Friday night they had a band playing

Orders were quickly taken, except there was a slight glitch with my drink - it took forever to come out, pretty much half way through the tapas, but they did give me a warning beforehand.  Perhaps they had run out of an ingredient and had to go buy some more? I was glad they actually let me know though and I was happy to wait.

Chicken chorizo - very tasty and moreish

Fried calamari - this was only OK, the calamari wasn't as tender as they could be, I think because the pieces were quite big, I had to cut mine up to be able to eat it. The batter was nice and crunchy, not too thick, but I don't think I'd order this again - I'd rather try the other items on the menu!

Garlic prawns - would have loved some bread to mop up the garlicky oil/sauce. Mmmm

Potatoes Aioli - Love potatoes and love aioli  so this was a winner!

The drink finally makes an appearance - Strawberry Margherita

A main was also ordered, a bit of a "safe" choice and probably an odd dish to order at a Spanish Restaurant (which is the price you pay for dining with fussy people) but the steak was quite tender and nice. Nothing different to what you would get at a pub though.

I had food envy as I saw the seafood paellas being carried past and almost every surrounding table had one. Will be back to try that.

Overall, not a bad place to grab some tapas with friendly service. Especially with the discount! They didn't even bother to scratch off the number off the Entertainment Card (yay!)

541 Kent Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9283 3046

3 comments :

augustalolita said...

omgosh the food photos are seriously making me hungry!! it looks delicious <3

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Yum! How does the chicken chorizo compare to pork chorizo? I've never seen the chicken version before! :)

missklicious said...

augustalolita - Love tapas, so tasty!

Lorraine - I love both versions! I think the chicken is a bit lighter in flavour and more tender, probably half way between a normal chicken sausage and the pork chorizo version.