Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Sugar Hit - Azuma Kushiyaki, Regent Place, Sydney

I'm a bit of a late starter when it comes to the Sydney International Food Festival events - I hadn't planned anything until last Saturday night! After watching Despicable Me at the movies, it was off to nearby Azuma Kushiyaki for their Sugar Hit.

I initially wanted to book for 9:00pm but they didn't have any more tables available after I tried to confirm the booking, and offered me 9:30pm - the restaurant had quite a few empty tables when I arrived though! I walked past Azuma Patisserie and was tempted by their chiffon cake and tea set, which included a choice of flavours such as earl grey, and options such as green tea latte for the drink. I'll definitely be back for that!

Anyway, back to the Sugar Hit:

Special wine options for the Sugar Hit

Sugar Hit menu

And it arrives... how exciting! A bento box filled with all sorts of goodies.

Vanilla pannacotta with strawberry coulis, Belgian chocolate mousse cake with raspberry coulis and freeze dried raspberry pieces - this was heavenly!

Japanese wasabi ganache tart, Almond financier, and premium Japanese green tea tart, Macaron

Drinks - Brown Brothers Orange Muscat & Flora - this was lovely to drink, sweet and fragrant but not too heavy, the green tea was a welcome addition to all the sweetness too.

Regent Place
501 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9267 7775

3 comments :

Charlie said...

sounds so interesting! wasabi-chocolate? wonder what that would be like.

chocolatesuze said...

naw the smiley face macaron is so cute! what flavour was it?

missklicious said...

Charlie - It was interesting but not my cup of tea! I tasted a little bit and pretty much left the rest. It tasted like exactly what it was, chocolate with wasabi. Odd.

Suze - I didn't catch what flavour it was from the waiter, but it was citrus, yuzu perhaps? Love the smiley faces!