Monday, 15 November 2010

The Bund - Shanghai

The views overlooking the Haungpu River toward the Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai are amazing and obviously a must visit for tourists for the obligatory skyline shots and to check out the historical buildings along The Bund.

The HSBC Building

The Pearl Tower and a ship cruising on the Huangpu River

The Customs House

Picturesque Shanghai skyline

The sky is barely dark due to all the light pollution!

And just to give you an idea of the sheer number of people on any given night...


3 comments :

Trees said...

I've been here - it's an amazing place. I remeber going on a Saturday night and there were couples having wedding photo's taken amongst the millions of other people!

www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

What a brilliant, shiny city! :D It makes me want to visit pronto! :D

missklicious said...

Trees - I'd imagine it'd be very hard to take wedding photos there without the swarms of people there everyday! Btw, I've enjoyed reading about your travels =)

Lorraine - I know! It's very old world meets new technology! I'd love to explore Shanghai more...