Sunday, 21 November 2010

Exploring Shanghai

Walking through Shanghai is such a mish mash of new and old - skyscrapers, the hustle and bustle of the city, living amongst the historical buildings now plastered with neon signs flashing with technology advertisements and designer brands.

Nanjing road is a prime example of this




I always seem to get sidetracked by the sights and smells of food! I love watching the shop fronts make food, they are always so fast and efficient.




My last day in Shanghai and it was rain and thunderstorms, luckily I managed not to get wet as I was indoors during most of the rain and it ended up clearing up









This is pretty much the last of my holiday posts, so apologies if I have been boring you with all these China posts!

6 comments :

Trees said...

I loved these posts - thanks for sharing your holiday:)

thesydneygirl said...

how amazing!!!!

thesydneygirl.com

thang@noodlies said...

so gorgeous.... beautiful evocative photos

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I've never been here but it's a destination I've always wanted to visit! :)

lisa jane said...

China is no doubt a country with rich history and lots of things to see. I travel back and forth from England to China work related and unfortunately haven't had the time to enjoy it but I'm considering going there on a vacation so the information was really useful.Thank you for sharing. I've only been to Beijing so far and it's an amazing city.And speaking of travel tips the only thing I don't like about it is that I often have problems with the last minute bookings and realized that I have to call to confirm my reservation. It might be pricey so I use a call service which provides cheap calls to China Its fast, cheap and easy to use.

missklicious said...

Thanks everyone =)