Thursday, 18 November 2010

Pistachio Dining - Torrens, Canberra

One of my favourite places to dine in Canberra is Pistachio Dining for it's fantastic and tasty fine dining with a cosy yet casual atmosphere.  The prices are very reasonable too, and after checking out their recent menu online, I just had to pay another visit.

Perusing the menu whilst feasting on a small dish of complimentary pistachios - a nice touch!
Pistachio Dining at Torrens on Urbanspoon
Entree - Seared scallops with crisp pancetta

This dish is slightly different to what is on the menu website, as I think they've recently had a menu change.  The website scallop dish had parsnip cream, but my dish was a variation with a curried puree.  The scallops were delicious and perfectly cooked.

Grain fed beef tenderloin - this wasn't my dish so I can't comment on it much, only to say that I tried a bit of the meat and it was very tender

This was my main meal, and it was really good, a roast chicken dish with sweet corn puree and pasta gratin, definitely my kind of dish so I was very happy

And the best thing about Pistachio Dining is the dessert platters, where you can sample every single dessert they have on the menu on a one person sized platter, perfect for the indecisive (me!)

Pretty dessert platter (not so pretty picture) but it was delicious nontheless:


Everything was awesome, and some items (that I can recall!) included:
Elderflower pannacotta with raspberry sorbet, consomme & brandy snap
Deconstructed pavlova
Brownie with Ameretto milkshake


Pistachio Dining at Torrens
3A Torrens Place
Torrens ACT 2607
Ph: (02) 6286 2966

1 comment :

thesydneygirl said...

thanks for your comment :) have a great weekend!

thesydneygirl.com