Sunday, 13 February 2011

Chinese New Year Twilight Parade 2011 - Year of the Rabbit

Exactly a week ago, was the Chinese New Year Twilight Parade that runs each year from Town Hall through George Street with a fireworks finale at Cockle Bay.

This year I decided to get the seats as it was pretty crowded last year and I couldn't be bothered standing (I know, so lazy!) I chose the George street seats, and we were seated right next to Town Hall.

The lions waiting to be 'awakened'

Indigenous ceremony

Clover Moore making her speech, this was followed by all the special guests painting the eyes and tying on the bows to awaken the spirit of the lions

And then they're awake!









4 comments :

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Happy Chinese New Year! :D

missklicious said...

Thanks Lorraine =)

prettyprettyyumyum said...

Cute! I am glad to see some photos as I wanted to go but didn't make it. I love the bunny :)

missklicious said...

prettyprettyyumyum - It rained for a little bit, but there were still so many people! They had so many cute bunny costumes and displays, some I didn't get to capture!