Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Pistachio Dining - Torrens, Canberra

When it comes to affordable fine dining, Pistachio Dining tops my list of the best places in Canberra.

Apologies for the pictures as it is quite dark in the restaurant (pretty much the only light is a tiny candle on your table which is very romantic and all, but not good for pictures!)

I really wanted the trio of entrees which includes one taste of each of the entrees on offer (except for the vego option) but one of them was rabbit and quail tart, and I don't think I'm that keen on trying rabbit! So we just stuck with mains:

Crispy skin barramundi with saffron gnocchi, spring bay mussels and leek and mushroom emulsion

Loin of pork with braised cheek, pressed belly, potato and truffle terrine and braising juices. This was my dish, and it was SO good. I was tossing up between the beef dish and this, because the pork didn't sound that great but boy, it was good!

And always the highlight of dining at Pistachio Dining is the dessert platter with a mini version of everything on the dessert menu.  I pretty saw everyone at every other table order this too for dessert:

L-R - Chocolate - Chocolate gateaux with pear, raspberry sorbet and white chocolate

Custard - Baked egg custard with sweet pastry, madeline biscuit and condensed milk and malt ice cream (yummm! I wouldn't have minded the larger version of this at all)

Parfait - Blackberry parfait with tapioca, brandy snap and cassis poached strawberries

Passionfruit - Lemon shortbread with vanilla cream cheese, passionfruit chiboust, and passionfruit jellies

3A Torrens Place
Torrens ACT 2607
Ph: (02) 6286 2966


Pistachio Dining at Torrens on Urbanspoon

4 comments :

Merowyn said...

Yum Yum Yum!!! That looks delicious. Thank you so much for the comment on my blog, I really appreciate it!!!

Not Quite Nigella said...

I love dessert assiette plates! So many tastes to enjoy :)

thesydneygirl said...

YUM you're making me hungry :P

x
the sydney girl

Jaztee said...

The dessert platter looks divine! Yummy!