Thursday, 17 March 2011

Holy Basil - Canley Heights, Sydney

Continuing on the Canley Heights theme, Holy Basil is definitely the most popular restaurant out of the whole lot.  I've read heaps of great reviews on this place, and it was flagged as a must try, even though it is a bit out of my way.

We arrived pretty early on a Friday night (just after 6) and managed to avoid the queues, as they don't take bookings.

Holy Basil is one of the nicer restaurants along Canley Vale Road, and feels like it would be right at home somewhere in the City.


Picture menu for the win!

Holy Basil iced tea - very fruity and refreshing!

Seafood tom yum soup - I really liked the fact that you could choose how spicy you wanted your food. Great for non-spicy eaters like me

Red duck curry - I really liked this dish, though I'll definitely order a sticky rice to go with it next time!

Soft shell crab

Fried rice

Grilled ox tongue 

And the grand finale...

Holy Basil's take on deep fried ice cream

sooo good!

Holy Basil
233A Canley Vale Road
Canley Heights NSW 2166


2 comments :

XOVINTAGELOVE said...

I love Holy Basil. It's definitely one of my favourite restaurants!

Their chicken pad thai is delicious & their fried ice cream = amazing.

missklicious said...

I really enjoyed the food there. The fried icecream is sooo good.