Thursday, 21 April 2011

Kagawa Japanese Restaurant- Dickson & Max Brenner - Belconnen, Canberra

So I arrived in Canberra tonight for the Easter break, and it's freezing! I don't expect anything less in Canberra. I rugged up in 4 layers and scarf, so was relatively nice and toasty.


Anyway, dinner was at Kagawa Japanese restaurant in Dickson.  It looks like it's changed hands since the last time I visited, and serves more authentic Japanese food now which is good.

Picture menu goodness

I had a apple shochu to warm up, very effective!

Takoyaki

Chashu 

Seafood noodle udon

Salmon flower roll

Tempura banana with green tea ice cream - I liked how you could choose the ice cream flavour, I automatically gravitated toward green tea (they didn't have black sesame)

And later on during the night, I visted the newly opened Max Brenner in Belconnen with my bestie (such exciting news for Canberra, we are finally getting good stores!! YAY)

Chocolate truffle

My choice - chocolate souffle (it's really a fondant IMO, not a souffle) with ice cream, sooo good and just perfect for the freezing weather.

White chocolate mocha

We were all chocolate-d out by the end!

Kagawa Japanese Restaurant
55 Woolley Street
Dickson ACT 2602
Ph: (02) 6257 2225

Max Brenner
Level 3
Westfield Belconnen

4 comments :

Corrina said...

Everything looks delicious, especially the banana and green tea icecream!!

missklicious said...

Corrinna - It was really good, the first time I've had it with green tea ice cream!

Sammy said...

Omgosh I want those truffles!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh,it used to be very good restaurant, but no more. Sashimi was frozen. The Japanese chef is no longer there and sushi&sashimi was so bad. I am very very sad. cos I am Japanese and I loved this place so much. I won't go again.