Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Urban Pantry - Manuka, Canberra

It was such a beautiful weekend in Canberra, freezing to start off with, but its been really lovely and sunny during the days.

For my last day here, it was off to Urban Pantry in Manuka for lunch. 

I love that they literally have a pantry with all kinds of goodies for sale - I ended up buying some Tea Drop Lavender grey tea, that I've been looking for.

Their menu - I'm keen to go back for their Urban Bites menu, served after 3:00pm, with tapas like dishes like crispy pork belly, prawn skewers and all other kinds of yummy sounding things! Will report back later.

I had this totally delicious strawberry smoothie.

Pork cutlet with parsnip puree, relish and broccolini from the specials board

Risotto with king prawns, asparagus, saffron and fennel - this was delicious and perfect for the cold Canberra winter!



5 Bougainville Street
Manuka ACT 2603

Urban Pantry on Urbanspoon

6 comments :

Corrina said...

Ahh I want a strawberry smoothie! The food also looks delicious!

chocolatesuze said...

argh i want risotto! such crappy weather in sydney lately im dying for some risotto!

Piril Maria said...

Like it. =)


♥ Greets,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

mashi said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend in Canberra. Would love to see what Urban Bites tapas are like, looking forward to your review soon...

missklicious said...

Corrina - I love strawberry smoothies haha, that one was very good :)

chocolatesuze - It's definitely risotto weather. Mmmmm

Piril - Thanks :)

mashi - Cannot wait to go back and try!!

♥ Pixie D ♥ said...

strawberry smoothie ♥ it would be awesome if the smoothie is full cream! hahaa, but so hard to find cafe does full cream smoothie ~_~

n I love risotto too ♥!!