Tuesday, 31 May 2011

LL Wine and Dine - Potts Point, Sydney

Enticed by the recent reviews and blog posts, I made my way to LL Wine and Dine in Potts Point last Saturday for a leisurely weekend lunch. 

We pretty much had the place to ourselves, and chose to sit outside since it was a relatively nice day


First things first... the cocktail list!

Hong Kong Island Ice Tea - Built with the 5 whites, topped with lychee and lemon juice then finished with ginger beer. Loved this version of the long island, and quite a lot of the other cocktails sound great too, so can't wait to go back and try them.

Grilled Hokkaido scallops topped with cauliflower foam served with salmon caviar and XO sauce flavoured squid ink gnocchi 

These were some of the biggest and juiciest scallops I'd ever come across, which was a sign of things to come...

Pork belly buns - cooked in traditional Hakka Granny's way served with crushed peanuts, coriander and chilli sauce

And hidden in this little steamer...

Were the buns, ready to be stuffed with pork belly goodness!

My overflowing bun. I loved these so much, they were so tasty!

And then onto mains:

Singaporean jumbo king prawn curry - with capsicum, broccoli and sugar snap served with fritter dipping sicks

When I saw this, I knew we'd over ordered, it was HUGE! The serving was very generous, and in the curry were the biggest prawns I've ever seen in my whole life:

Humungous prawn - it was so hard to pick them up with the chopsticks because they were so heavy!

Steamed rice to soak up all that wonderful curry

Braised beef cheek served with smoked bacon and sweet potato mash, sugar snap, carrot and garlic-soy jus

This was a great dish too, the meat was fall apart tender and anything that includes mash is always good.

Sadly, after all this, I didn't have any room to try dessert *gasp*... I'll be back for you though!
42 Llankelly Place
Potts Point NSW 2011
Ph: (02) 9356 8393


9 comments :

mashi said...

I am absolutely drooling at all your pics *gah!

The prawn curry looks amazing and agreed, that is one massive prawn lol

MissPiggy said...

I'm really keen to go to this place soon - it looks so quirky, and I love the look of those pork belly buns.

sugarpuffi said...

wow that scallop with cauliflower foam looks so good!

chopinandmysaucepan said...

I'm a big fan of slow cooked beef cheeks and this one looks really good. The pork belly must have been great too but I never knew that peanuts come with it though.

Tina@foodboozeshoes said...

How gorgeous those pork buns look! And yep, I found those prawns pretty insanely huge too

missklicious said...

mashi - The prawn curry was great, and so generous! They had about 6 of those giant mutant prawns in there, and we couldn't even finish it! (had to take it away)

MissPiggy - The pork belly buns were SO good! They do yum cha on Sundays, which I'm keen to try out!

sugarpuffi - The scallops were so big and delicious!

chopinandmysaucepan - The beef cheek was great, fall apart tender. You'll have to try it if you go!

Tina - Craving the pork buns right now :( hehe

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Everything looks delicious! We went here for my birthday and we had so much fun :D

Dolly said...

oh god thsoe pork belly buns look AWESOMMMME!!!!!

missklicious said...

They were ah-ma-zing!