Tuesday, 24 May 2011

New camera lens - which one to choose?

So I've had my camera for a few years now (bought my Canon 450D back in 2008!) and so far I've only managed to buy the EF 50mm F1.8 II in addition to the twin lens kit that originally came with the camera.

I need some recommendations on some new lens to play with!

Wide angle lens?






Or macro... for those close up shots



Or something a bit more multi-purpose?

Canon EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM


I mainly take pics of food, fashion, close ups of objects etc but also like to take my camera away when I travel, so something multi-purpose would be great too. Hmmm, so many choices!

Please send any recommendations for new camera lenses my way :)

2 comments :

sugarpuffi said...

get the 50mm f1/4!

cause ur cam is a 450d so the 28mm wide eye will make ur pic look slanting out. the macro lens wont give u the option to anything else...but macro lol!

betty said...

if you already have the 50mm 1.8 - u dont really need the 1.4 - it wont make much of a difference hun

the wide angle - maybe abit too much its more for scenery

and the macro - is only good for yeah macro - like sugarpuffi says

so ive used the 17-85mm before and loved it - its a really good all rounder lens and wont break your budget

if u can . get into a shop and ask if u can test out the lens on your camera before you purchase?

goodluck!