Monday, 6 June 2011

Tokyo Ria - World Square, Sydney

Touch screens seem to mandatory in all the new Japanese restaurants, and Tokyo Ria (the sister restaurant of Seoul Ria) is no exception.  Situated opposite Din Tai Fung in World Square, the restaurant was surprisingly quiet on a Saturday night with only a few tables occupied.

Touch screen menu

Complimentary edamame to much on whilst deciding

Takoyaki - they had a weird egg layer that I've never seen before, anyone know the purpose? Are you meant to eat it?

Pink lemonade

Popcorn prawns - I loved the lotus root chips, so crispy, salty and addictive!

Wagyu steak with pumpkin mash

Mixed ice cream - green tea and black sesame

Caramel mocha - some strange icy coffee concoction 

Tokyo Ria
World Square
Level 1, Shop 11.03
644 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000

9 comments :

MissPiggy said...

I love lotus root chips too...so good.

Adrian (Food Rehab) said...

edamame is so addictive. I find myself eating at home now too! I keep a packet in in the freezer to keep me away from indulging on chips..working so far LOL

Tina@foodboozeshoes said...

Mmm, popcorn prawns! The ice cream looks a little artificial, but perhaps it's just the lighting.
Shame that this place never seems busy; not compared to DTF anyway

chocolatesuze said...

the popcorn prawns sounds delish!

sugarpuffi said...

i love electronic menus cause: i dont have to wave my arm like a maniac and they pretend not to see me

i hate electronic menus cause: they always fkin freezes

caramel mocha sounds like some kind of wacky gloria jeans 'limited' drinks hahahah

lateraleating said...

The million dollar question: was it good?

missklicious said...

MissPiggy - I wish I had a bag of these right now. So addictive!

Adrian - That's a great idea for a healthy snack alternative. I don't think it will keep me away from the chips though :P

Tina - The ice cream wasn't great, they weren't particularly strong in green tea or black sesame flavour, and this place is a ghost town in comparison to DTF!

chocolatesuze - I was too enamoured by the lotus root chips, so that was the highlight of that dish for me :P

sugarpuffi - I haven't had one freeze on me yet thank goodness! The dessert/drink was weird.

lateraleating - To be honest, it was okay, but I'm not rushing back... there's so many more fantastic places out there

Empress said...

mmmm the ice cream looks amazing!

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Touchscreen menus are so practical but can be dangerously fun. Am a huge fan of lotus root chips too - they're so addictive!